Wednesday 15 June 2011

Step 7: Humbly ask him to remove shortcomings

Alrighty campers - we're halfway there, and then we'll move on to some other things I have planned.  For this post, I will - as the steps instruct - humbly ask him to remove my shortcomings.

heh hem....

'Oh Sir Gumpaste,  I humbly ask that you remove my shortcomings.  That you remove the temptation for me to violently hurl my modelling implements across the room when things aren't going my way.  That you help me stop swearing like an overweight trucker in a fender-bender during an August heatwave / ice cream shortage whenever I have problems with my fondant.  That you'll help me stop being so jumpy that if I'm concentrating on something and the cat meows outside to come in, I don't jump and swear at the same time while I run vibrantly colored icing all over the side of a pristine cake.  thank you.'

There, stick that in your cornpipe and smoke it.

So last week we had greek night (kindof).  I made lamb burgers with a gorgeous feta and creamcheese spread that was liberally schmeared on top of the warm burger patty, topped with fresh red onion, new tomatoes and crisp romaine lettuce.  All of this on a warm toasted bun, served with a healthy side of greek salad.  It was a fantastic trip to flavor town, if you'd like the directions I can send them to you.  Later we had 'Chapmans brand no sugar added' vanilla ice cream, co-op brand chocolate frozen yogurt (no sugar) and fresh cherries and strawberries on top.  Deeelicious!

Last week I did not go to work.  I wasn't protesting or anything, just took some time off to hang at home.  As much as I'd love to vacay in the OK, unfortunately I'm not made of money yet, so it's home for me to clean, organize, and stitch.  I was doing a lot of work on the super secret project, and I'll post some pictures soon.

I went on a field trip to see what the new office for work will be like.  Pretty much what I expected, it's a cubicle, there's no free parking, you have to take transit there, and there's no lunch room.  Blah.  So I shall take every opportunity to enjoy the current office while I'm here, and to show you what I'll be missing, here's a little thing I like to call "Ka Kaw!"

They're pretty impressive.  Well, they are impressive, but taking photos on my phone is not.  We have hawks at the old office, quite a few of them, and the video was of them riding the wind and kawing at each other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment