Tuesday 31 May 2011

Step 5: Admit to Sir Gumpaste, another human being, and myself the exact nature of my wrongs

The exact nature of my wrongs... in no particular order:

swearing uncontrollably when I bake, sometimes the air is a lovely shade of 'forget me not'
pitching my brush at the wall when I get the shakes and manage to paint a figures eye in the shape of a kumquat
pushing too hard on my fondant and having it buckle or tear
expecting my work to be perfect

Ahhhh... I feel better :)  I'm sure there are more wrongs, but these are the big ones that make me feel funny afterward.  and now you know, Sir Gumpaste and I had a little chat on the weekend, I am going to have to give him some time to recover.  It was quite a mouthful.

So last night was burger night, I molded the meat into triangular patties to match the shape of the triangle Costco buns we had - and made some really yummy mushrooms for it as well.  Deeply satisfying, although some miserable little mosquito bit my finger when I was cooking out there... bugger.

Inside the kitchen was also fun, lemon cupcakes with lemon filling, vanilla buttercream and my first batch of candied lemon peel.  There were also white cupcakes with hazelnut filling, chocolate frosting, and butterflies for decoration.  Pictures will be posted slightly later today.  I need another project other than the super secret one, any suggestions??  More for you than for me, I have lots to do, but telling you about it and not posting pictures is just rude... wait... I already did that.  woops

Here's a picture of something completely unrelated, because I can. 

1 comment: